We are hiring!
One of our best clients in the oil and gas industry is looking to expand their team in Istanbul, Turkey!
Overview of the role:
The Incident Manager will be based at our client’s office in Istanbul and report to the Support Manager and is responsible for reviewing the severity and correct prioritization of incidents, coordinate investigation and resolution activities across multiple teams and collaborate with the relevant product owners.
A key deliverable will be to help reduce the duration, downtime, and impact of major incidents through proactive Continual Service Improvement (CSI) activities. You will also join a team of ‘duty managers’ who may provide out of hours support and coordination of major incidents.
The Incident Manager will be working with several Team Leaders, across multiple IT teams, to review and optimize efficiently the Incident Management processes to decrease the impact and duration of incidents. Effective and timely business communications and escalations will also be a core deliverable of the role.
- Overseeing the incident management process and team members involved in resolving the cases / incidents
- Responding to a reported service incident, identifying the cause, and initiating the incident management process
- Prioritizing incidents according to their urgency and influence on the business as per defined SLA
- Producing documents that outline incident protocols such as how to handle cybersecurity threats or how to correct server failures
- Collaborating with the incident management team to ensure that all protocols are diligently followed
- Logging all incidents and their resolution to see if there are recurring malfunctions
- Adjusting the incident management process as required to ensure its effectiveness
- Managing the incident team members by re-assigning workloads and re-scheduling non-urgent tasks.
- Escalate problems to management, if necessary
- Collaborate with Global IT
Soft Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology
- At least 5 years of experience working in IT service management, or a similar role
- Strong knowledge of IT service management software (ServiceNow) including ITIL
- Strong knowledge of Change Management and Incident Management procedures
- Experience working with IT systems and software such as SolarWinds, SentryOne and Nagios
- Solid knowledge of programming languages, such as T-SQL and PowerShell
- Excellent managerial skills and ability to collaborate with team members.
- Ability to analyze a high volume of technical data and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and time management skills.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written) and work in an international / multi-cultural environment
- MCSE certificate will be highly desirable
- Excellent communication skill
- Excellent problem-solving skills required
- Must be a strong team player